It’s important to take care of yourself so that you can have a life that is fulfilling and worth getting up for. If you find yourself struggling to be happy in life, then these tips are here to help you out. You can use some of them or just one or two and you should notice an improvement. It takes time to work on yourself, but once you have done the work you will be happy with how things turn out for you.
1. Learn how to paint or draw and make some art to help center yourself.
2. Have a glass of wine, but don’t overdo it!
3. Take a relaxing bath and ask that nobody in your home interrupts.
4. Watch a show that you normally wouldn’t watch on TV to switch things up.
5. Reorganize the space where you work so you have a clean slate to work with.
6. If you’re a gamer, get yourself a new video game to relax with.
7. Try to get more sleep and if you can’t let a doctor know so they can prescribe something to help you get to sleep at a good time.
8. See a therapist and be truthful with them so they can give you good advice.
9. Get to know how to do breathing exercises.
10. Try to learn how to meditate and take at least 10 minutes each day to practice.
11. Learn how to play an instrument and practice regularly.
12. Exercise at a gym or at home. Either way, get more active.
13. Get out in nature by going on a walk.
14. Spend some time with a friend and try not to worry about your day to day troubles.
15. Tell yourself “all is well” and visualize everything going well for you.
16. Take a day off of work and spend that day relaxing.
17. Go on a vacation to a place you’ve never been before.
18. Write a little and get creative with it.
19. Try solving a jigsaw puzzle to keep your hands busy.
20. If you smoke, consider quitting.
21. Go on a diet and try to get to a good target weight.
22. Volunteer for a cause that you believe in like helping the homeless.
23. Get in the shower for a bit and get into some nice clean clothing.
24. Treat yourself to a dessert that you enjoy.
25. Make a list of what you appreciate in your life.
26. Don’t hold back and cry when you need to even if it’s just in private.
27. Know that feelings are normal to have and try to understand where they come from.
28. Don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake. Instead, try to learn from it.
29. Go on a date with your partner and concentrate on them instead of your issues.
30. Don’t do any chores for a full day just to get a break.
31. Before you make a decision that is big, create a list of pros and cons so you can see if you’re making the right choice.
32. Try to switch jobs if the one you’re working is not making you happy.
33. If you don’t like the area you live in, think about moving to somewhere you enjoy being.
34. Redecorate your home so it feels like you are in a new space when you’re at home.
35. Pay someone to do some remodeling for you and make changes to your home you’ve been putting off.
36. Find someone new to talk to by going to local places where people with interests similar to yours are likely to gather.
37. If you’re single, go on a dating website and try to find someone to meet up with and share a drink and/or food with.
38. Quit any of your bad habits and try to replace them with habits that are actually going to be good for you.
39. Binge watch a TV show that you’ve enjoyed in the past and try to get lost in it again.
40. Play music that reminds you of a better time in your life when you’re having a rough day.
41. Figure out what you own in the way of clothing that doesn’t fit and donate it all to a local homeless shelter.
42. Try to find a way to work from home if you’re tired of having to work a 9 to 5 that you dislike.
43. Take a 20 minute or so nap so you can recharge during a tough day.
44. Know that people have problems you can’t fix and don’t try to solve everything someone else needs help with.
45. Don’t go out drinking if you don’t have a ride set up because driving after drinking is never a good idea.
46. Make yourself some tea and drink it alone in a quiet place for a bit just to re-center yourself.
47. Start making meals for yourself that are healthy and feature fresh veggies.
48. Begin writing a journal that lets you get out your frustrations and anything else you’re feeling.
49. Get a pet if you don’t have one and if you do have one, spend some time with it.
50. Go to an art museum if you have one in your area and appreciate the art that others have done.
51. Buy a good book and read it through in one or two days if you really enjoy it.
52. Sit outside for a while and just take in the sights and sounds of your neighborhood.
53. Learn to control your temper so your temper isn’t what controls you.
54. Get a massage from a professional and let your worries melt away as they do their work on you.
55. Sign up to play a sport at a local gym or wherever people that are active like to hang out.
56. See if you can take up rock climbing or something else that gets you out of your home for a few hours a week.
57. Take a day off from technology and try to just live without checking your social media accounts all day.
58. If you have a boss that’s hard to work for, try to let them know what you need from them to do your job better.
59. When you are switching jobs, don’t make it known that you’re searching for something else so you don’t get let go before you find something to replace your current job with.
60. If you’re a religious person, spend some time praying and reading whatever book you have faith in.
61. For those with kids, plan some quality time with them outside of the home and don’t let them take things like smartphones with them as you do activities.
62. Sell what you don’t need any longer through a garage sale that you can have at your home on nice days.
63. Try to find a local retreat and while you’re there try to meet people that are like you so you can possibly make new friends
64. Give yourself a pat on the back every day for something you do that helps you reach your day to day goals.
Now you have a few ideas on what to do to make your day to day life a little better. Be sure you use some of these tips as many times as you need to so you can improve your life. Self care is important and you need to work on it if you want to lead a happy life.