Affirmations are words or statements that we tell ourselves, that will affect our conscious and subconscious mind. These words have the power to motivate, empower, and inspire us or make us irrational and emotional.
Positive affirmations are those strong statements that we use to challenge the negative thoughts in our minds. Words have tremendous power over our minds, and our performance is usually 90% of how we perceive things and 10% the reality of things. If we have negative thoughts, we tend to be anxious, have fear, inhibition, and hence, our performance declines. Therefore, positive affirmations are equivalent to positive actions, which lead to positive outcomes.
1. I love my body.
2. My body is fit and strong.
3. My mind and body are healthy.
4. I do a significant amount of exercise daily.
5. My desire to eat junk food is decreasing.
6. I am achieving and maintaining my ideal weight.
7. I am calm and peaceful.
8. I have perfect health.
9. My body is beautiful, the way it is.
10. I only put healthy foods into my body.
11. I am full of energy to accomplish all my goals.
12. My mind is at peace.
13. I radiate positivity.
14. I am becoming better, with every single day, and in every way.
15. I exhale all fears from my body and inhale health and strength.
16. All my organs are working correctly.
17. My body can restore itself with no problems.
18. My sleep is relaxed.
19. The older I get, the healthier I become.
20. I release emotions that are creating unhealthy habits.
With positive affirmations, you will also want to have positive emotions attached to them. One of the ways of doing this is to think about how good you will feel once you achieve your goals. So, for example, instead of sleeping till late, you will think about that those toned abs that you have been eyeing, and you will wake up to exercise. Emotions are the fuel that will help to make these health affirmations work.
Also, it is crucial to believe what you are saying. If you are saying that you are losing weight, but do not believe it, you will end up going back to your bad eating habits. If you do not believe the affirmations, it will take longer for them to work, or they will not work at all. Therefore, it is efficient to ensure that you have attainable goals and expectations. Start with smaller goals as you go forward. Do not start with something that seems out of reach, such as losing 30 pounds in a week. This is not possible; therefore, you will lose hope. To ensure that you keep track, set some attainable goals that you can keep track of.
• Ensure that you sit in a comfortable position, where your mind and body is relaxed.
• Use the present tense. It is crucial to assume that what you are saying is already happening. This will help you see the vision.
• Replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Using negative words can interfere with your ability to perform well. This is because these words may register in your brain, without your awareness. It is, therefore, crucial to use positive words to combat any negative thoughts that you have. If you note that you are having critical thoughts about yourself, take a mental note of this, and avoid repeating them.
• Make a list of things that you admire about yourself. To achieve your fitness goals, it is crucial to love your body as it is. This will help build your self-confidence and motivate you more into sticking with the objectives. If you begin by hating your body, you will not get any good results, since you will not be motivated to make changes. Remember that your body has been your vessel all through your life; therefore, you should love it, whatever the state it is in.
• Anticipate success. It is crucial to anticipate the achievement of whatever goals you have set for yourself. No matter the negative thoughts that you may have, do not give in. Instead, anticipate achieving the goals you have set for yourself.