4 Steps to Help Heal a Broken Heart

How do I find true love? If the answer for this particular question is hard to look for, it becomes even harder when the person looking for it have been heartbroken.

In finding a soulmate, heartbreaks come normally. It may even be frequent as no commitment has been made yet.

There is nothing more painful than heartbreaks. It brings the kind of emotional pain that can go so deep you can compare it to the ones you get from physical blows. All we wanted to happen when we go through heartbreaks is to wish for that pain to disappear.

How do I find true love if I’m all shattered and hopeless? Sadly, there’s no such thing as band aid for your shattered heart. It may sound a bit cliché but time seems to be the only cure for emotional pains caused by heartbreaks. Everything will get better through time, even the deep painful hurt from getting your heart broken.

However, to be able to achieve this, you may need to temporarily stop your quest in finding a soulmate. You may need to take a rest from dating. For whatever it’s worth, here are some ways you can actually alleviate the pain:

1. Cry

At the beginning, you will feel insignificant or useless and whether or not you’re an emotional person, you will feel the need to cry. Questions like how do I find true love may even start to cross your mind many times than expected and may make you feel even more depressed. In times like this, all you can do is let yourself do some crying. A life-changing event happened. It’s not a simple thing you can just brush off from your life in an instant. Give yourself time to grieve but just enough that you don’t linger in your past as it will only cause pain.

2. Talk to people close to you

Have an outlet. By sharing the pain you feel with someone you are comfortable with will enable you to feel a little better. Ask them the questions you have been asking yourself like how can I find love when I feel like there’s no hope? Take comfort from having someone around for you. Spend your time catching up with your friends.

3. Welcome distractions

Maybe you had the kind of relationship that took you away from every opportunity to spend some time with yourself or your loved ones. So let them into your life again. Let their support shower over you. This is actually another way that answers your question of how can I find love. Find love through those people important to you.

You may also opt to spend some time in the gym or arrange your stuff in the closet. You may simply opt to go out your house and take a stroll. Allowing distractions into your life is one big step you can take to move on.

4. Let go of your bitter past

Move on towards your better future. After a while of giving yourself the chance to experience grief, it’s time to start moving on with your life. Start anew and now that you have gotten over the anger and sadness, let hope help you get on. Make time for the self you that you forgot existed when you were in a relationship.

How can I find love? Well try to heal your broken heart first. It is sometimes hard to follow steps like these to move on but keep in mind that they are essential for you to put the broken pieces back together. By this, you will not only be able to become complete but you may become whoever and whatever you wanted to be. This is an opportunity for you to start anew so be sure to grab it.

About Lorii

Lorii Abela is a love coach and relationship expert. Men and women over 40 can count her for advice on finding true love. She uses the law of attraction as a focal point for her articles and advices. As an expat who was successful in finding her mate through the law of attraction, Lorii is able to give first hand information on what one needs to do to find true love.
This entry was posted in General and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to 4 Steps to Help Heal a Broken Heart

1. Lorii says:

Absolutely Suzanne. One has to figure what is not working so the old habits can be replace. It is an initiate that the person himself has to discover.

2. Lorii says:

You are right. You can not have a rebound relationship. History will likely repeat itself. Moving on is a challenge. However, once one gets over it, one ends up starting loving oneself more.

3. Lorii says:

I agree with you Jennifer. No one is looking ahead for the next one if they are stuck looking at the past relationship.

4. Lorii says:

Yup, Carl. No one is prepared for a break up. Every one wants to hook up.

5. Great advice on how to heal heartbreak, Lorii. I can relate to #1 for sure. A good cry always helps me.

6. All great tips, Lorii! Letting go is especially crucial and especially hard to do sometimes!

7. Jennifer says:

Great tips Lorii. I agree with you that the only way to really heal a broken heart is time. Allowing yourself to cry and get it out of your system is important too. There IS always something better around the corner, although it can be hard to see and understand that in the moment.

8. Kim Garst says:

Lorii, GREAT tips as usual! I especially like #4…”Move on towards your better future.” This is so critical! Thanks for sharing!

9. I agree with Patricia- letting go of the past and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is so hard when you are just trying to come up for air!

10. Great post! It is so important to allow yourself to let your emotions out and to give yourself as much time as you need to work through those emotions. I also love your tip about allowing “distractions” in….this really helps to clear your head. Thanks for another great article!

11. Thanks for sharing Lorii! I agree with the letting go-sometimes the hardest to do, but can give you the most peace.

12. I find that people try to move on before they completely let go only to find that they are still bitter once they are in a new relationship. It is so important to let go before you move on, but it’s also hard to do so!

13. Sue says:

Great post Lori.. There’s nothing wrong with a good “cry” to release all the tension & hurt that can come from a broken relationship. Like your idea of “distractions” .. There are many times that a distraction is exactly what will keep me going, not dwelling on what’s wrong but looking for things that are “right” Thanks for sharing!

14. denny hagel says:

Great tips! Healing a broken heart is a grieving process just like any other. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

15. Crying helps for sure and positive distractions are great. Replacing old habits with new will move you on quickly.
    Good info here Lorii!

16. Let go of your bitter past. Move on towards your better future. Very wise words, Lorii. Thanks for another great post! :)

17. Kim Hawkins says:

A good cry helps but I like to welcome the distractions and get on with living.

18. Great job, Lorii! I’ve done the crying and getting over someone! It hurts but you know, it is all part of living! As long as we learn something from it and don’t repeat! I enjoy all your articles! Thank you!

19. Sherie says:

There is a lot of healing power in allowing yourself to cry and let all of those emotions out. Letting go of the past is so crucial for people in that situation…great post, Lorii!

20. Olga Hermans says:

People can go through the toughest dating times these days; I have watched one of my children go through this while we all knew it wasn’t the right partner for her. Love makes blind for a while until they wake up. Great tips!!

21. yeah… cry for sure! and the most challenging is letting go of the past… at least in the immediate. Glad I’m not on that train track!!! great job!