Being single after 40 comes with huge freedom and sometimes little love. How to find love as you approach midlife may not sound viable: love, after all, is (wrongly) associated with pulsing hearts and not arthritis or osteoporosis. Remember, however, that you are not just looking for any kind of love: you are onto finding a soulmate, somebody whom you can be with for the long haul. The following are some tips on how to find love in your forties and beyond:
- Do what your heart tells you. How to find the girl for you or how to find the guy for you is not about bringing somebody home who will please your parents, your family or your friends. True, their opinions matter when you consult them nohow to find love, but in finding a soulmate, you should follow what your heart desires or you run the risk of losing the chance when you had it.
- Spread out your net far and wide. When you are out to answer the question “how can I find true love,” you should not be too picky when you screen candidates. Of course, you have a list to tick and a set of deal breakers to stay away from, but other than that, you have greater chances of finding a soulmate when you don’t close doors to a broad spectrum of date material.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. In business, you can’t really afford to lose a lot if you gamble at the wrong turn. In love, every time you lose, you learn. At 40, you have likely built a library of experiences that will serve you better today and in the future. You know that for you to succeed in the process of how to find love, you have to risk a bit (and sometimes, a lot). Rethink your approach in finding a soulmate and update your wish list, without losing focus of who you are at the core.
- Make your dates vibrant, colorful and extraordinary. Being single after 40 means you likely have more resources to fund your leisure and entertainment. Why not invest a good portion of it in your dates? After all, you can always be friends with the other party if it will not pan out. Instead of going to a ho-hum dinner, why not go to a concert, an opera or theater? However you set up your date, you would want it to reflect both your interests or your comfort level of risk.
- Make room for “extra luggage.” How to find love when you are single after 40 means that you may have to put up with any or all of the following: a messy divorce, custody of children from previous marriage, alimony to spouse, death of former spouse, grown up children who might object with your relationship, and so forth. So be open with possibilities, but know where to draw the line.
Enjoy the search and good luck! Use these tips to leverage on How to Find Love. You can get more information on how you can find love by visiting http://www.manifestingmydestiny.com Be sure to take advantage of the Free E-book “Super Speed Dating Secrets.”
Lorii Abela is a relationship and dating expert who practices the law of attraction in finding true love. She is a dating coach who specializes in expat dating and she is committed to helping countless individuals improve themselves with the end goal of finding their mate.
To know more about her services, visit the website http://manifestingmydestiny.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lori_Abela