How to Find Love In Your Forties and Beyond

attract men, be attractive to men, can't find love, can't find a boyfriend, catch him and keep him, cross cultural relationship, dating coach in Chicago, dating expats, dating in usa, expats dating, find love, find a love, find me a boyfriend, find me a girl, find me a girlfriend, find me a husband, find me a man, find me a wife, finding a girlfriend, finding a soulmate, help me find a man, help me find a boyfriend, how can I find love, how can I find true love, how do I find true love, how do you find love, how to find love, how to find the girl for you, how to find the guy for you, I want a boyfriend, I want a girlfriend, law of attraction for love, law of attraction relationship, Lorii Abela, Single after 40, single at 40, soulmate secret, tips for dating men, tips on dating for men, tips on dating for women, tips on dating men, to find love, what is a dating coach, what is romance, when will I find love, where to find a boyfriend, where to find a man, where to find love, will I find love

Being single after 40 comes with huge freedom and sometimes little love. How to find love as you approach midlife may not sound viable: love, after all, is (wrongly) associated with pulsing hearts and not arthritis or osteoporosis. Remember, however, that you are not just looking for any kind of love: you are onto finding a soulmate, somebody whom you can be with for the long haul. The following are some tips on how to find love in your forties and beyond:

• Do what your heart tells you. How to find the girl for you or how to find the guy for you is not about bringing somebody home who will please your parents, your family or your friends. True, their opinions matter when you consult them nohow to find love, but in finding a soulmate, you should follow what your heart desires or you run the risk of losing the chance when you had it.
  • Spread out your net far and wide. When you are out to answer the question “how can I find true love,” you should not be too picky when you screen candidates. Of course, you have a list to tick and a set of deal breakers to stay away from, but other than that, you have greater chances of finding a soulmate when you don’t close doors to a broad spectrum of date material.
  • Don’t be afraid to experiment. In business, you can’t really afford to lose a lot if you gamble at the wrong turn. In love, every time you lose, you learn. At 40, you have likely built a library of experiences that will serve you better today and in the future. You know that for you to succeed in the process of how to find love, you have to risk a bit (and sometimes, a lot). Rethink your approach in finding a soulmate and update your wish list, without losing focus of who you are at the core.
  • Make your dates vibrant, colorful and extraordinary. Being single after 40 means you likely have more resources to fund your leisure and entertainment. Why not invest a good portion of it in your dates? After all, you can always be friends with the other party if it will not pan out. Instead of going to a ho-hum dinner, why not go to a concert, an opera or theater? However you set up your date, you would want it to reflect both your interests or your comfort level of risk.
  • Make room for “extra luggage.” How to find love when you are single after 40 means that you may have to put up with any or all of the following: a messy divorce, custody of children from previous marriage, alimony to spouse, death of former spouse, grown up children who might object with your relationship, and so forth. So be open with possibilities, but know where to draw the line.

Enjoy the search and good luck! Use these tips to leverage on How to Find Love. You can get more information on how you can find love by visiting http://www.manifestingmydestiny.com Be sure to take advantage of the Free E-book “Super Speed Dating Secrets.”

Lorii Abela is a relationship and dating expert who practices the law of attraction in finding true love. She is a dating coach who specializes in expat dating and she is committed to helping countless individuals improve themselves with the end goal of finding their mate.

To know more about her services, visit the website http://manifestingmydestiny.com

Happy Manifesting!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lori_Abela

About Lorii

Lorii Abela is a love coach and relationship expert. Men and women over 40 can count her for advice on finding true love. She uses the law of attraction as a focal point for her articles and advices. As an expat who was successful in finding her mate through the law of attraction, Lorii is able to give first hand information on what one needs to do to find true love.
This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to How to Find Love In Your Forties and Beyond

1. Lorii says:

Thanks for sharing your story, Kim. I am sure being a grandmother is going to be a surprise that is inevitable for some. You do not look like a grandma though.

2. Lorii says:

Yes, Alexandra. Literally, even the “extra luggage” can be challenging as it cost a fortune nowadays. Be in relationship or when traveling. :)

3. Lorii says:

Yes, Jennifer. It is a matter of knowing how much are you willing to take specially if you also have your own baggage.

4. Lorii says:

Kelly, Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your sharing of your experience. I have heard that many times….”definitely worth the wait.” I am happy for you. And, you are so worth it.

5. Lorii says:

Lori, Thanks for stopping by.

6. Lori says:

Great advice. I am passing it on to my friend. Thanks!

7. Jennifer says:

Enjoy your always-encouraging posts Lorii. Your last point is especially good, as you get older there is bound to be more “baggage” around from prior relationships. Depending on the extent of it, this can certainly make a new relationship a challenge!

8. I’m definitely sharing this post with my single friends. I married my soulmate last year, after many years of waiting, preparing, and praying! He was definitely worth the wait and I’m SO grateful that I didn’t settle for less than God’s best!

9. Solvita says:

Thank you Lorii, such a nice post for singles! I’m going to share this….and as AJ says even in a marriage some of this advice can be very useful. I liked when you say about making your dates vibrant, so key to have loving relationships.

10. Great advice as always! Will definitely share with my single friends:)

11. Lovely article on finding love, Lorii. I still haven’t decided if I want to go back to dating or not BUT if I do, I know your tips would come in handy. I find it a challenge though with the “extra luggage.” I believe it is one of the main reasons why I’m not dating. Well, 2012 is a new year, new beginning, so maybe…..

12. Jaime says:

What great advise for anyone looking for love! Thanks for the post!!

13. I am single an in my 40′s and yeas, I love the freedom. The last point is interesting. I know after experience that there are things I won’t tolerate with people’s “baggage”. The important part is being clear about what you want and not feel the need to sacrifice yourself just because being older. Thanks for this post, Lorii!

14. Jenn says:

Like AJ, I’ve been married for quite some time now (nearly17 years) however, the same suggestions you’ve listed above with regards to dating and making room still apply to our married life. Keeps the spark going and allows for compassion and understanding in the relationship. :-)

15. Kim Hawkins says:

I married for the first time in my forties so I can relate to a lot of your insights here. I particularly can relate to the “extra luggage.” My husband had been divorced for more than 20 years and has three adult children. I married into “step-motherhood” and became a grandmother in one felled swoop. But just a reminder to all, the dating doesn’t end just because you’re married. :)

16. Great advice on finding love, Lorii. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. x0x
    The LEARNED Preneur @ NormaDoiron.NET

17. AJ says:

Nice post!
    I’ve been married for almost 14-yrs, but these rules can still help someone like me also.
    Thanks for sharing,
    AJ

18. Michele says:

Lori,
    All good advice about dating. I like going to an Opera or some other event…not just
    dinner. It opens up so much more conversation to do something fun together and then discuss what you liked about your shared activity. That works even if you are in a relationship already too!

19. Great advice! I’ve been happily married for 25 years… and if I were looking today, gosh I don’t know if I could do this! Never the less, true love is true love, isn’t it? nice work!